Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fun


What's your definition of fun? I'm starting to think that mine needs some redefining.

This weekend included:

  • Almost 20 hours in the car
  • 4-5 hours of sleep Friday night
  • a 13.1 mile run in the hottest place on earth (Death Valley) Saturday morning 
  • Vomiting from dehydration on the side of the freeway
  • Stiff legs, head aches, and sore feet
It was so much fun. 

As a 19 year old college sophomore in 2004, my dear friends Kelly and Steph pushed me to train for my first half marathon. It was hard. I didn't reattempt another half marathon for 4 more years, but I eventually went on to run several more. 

Yesterday, a few weeks short of my 30th birthday, and 10 years and a few days after our race in 2004, we met back up and ran another half marathon. It was a tough one, we weren't as ready as we would have liked to have been, but it was a lot of fun. I'm so glad we did it. I'm extremely grateful for these two ladies in my life. They are good, active, and so enjoyable to be around. 

In the picture above we are holding the race shirt from 2014, and the sweatshirt from 2004.

Stay tuned for our next race in 2024.

1 comment:

Jason Medina said...

It sounds like a lot of fun to me :-)